Paper Issues: July Try It Tuesday!





Hi Happy Arty Days Friends!
Welcome back for another super fun edition of Paper Issues Try It Tuesday!


This month we're going to get a lil messy with paint, & try the scraping technique! Yay! 

This technique is really easy, super fun and creates the coolest backgrounds! 
Here's a quick step by step of what I am meaning.....


1. Apply a few spots of acrylic paint to your layout. 
Ensure that you use colors that will blend well together 



2. Take a palette knife, old store card or even a piece of cardboard, apply mild pressure & literally, scrape the paint.


3. Scrape paint repeatedly until you're happy with the results!

I felt mine was a lil lacking in the pink color, so I added a few paint splatters.....


Such an awesome fun background!

Here's what I created with my paint scrape background....

"FUN"


Oh W.O.W!!! 
Doesn't this just scream Summer Fun?!!!
I've used Echo Park Summer Dreams collection & had a ton of  FUN embellishing this!
You'll notice that my background has become more subtle now, 
and really just highlights my layout - perfect!
Here's a few close ups for you.... 



Lots of layers, chipboard stickers, element stickers and die cuts - so cool!
Here's another view of that awesome paint...


So fabulous! Sweet on Summer indeed!
I really hope that my layout has inspired you!
I love to get messy, and even if you don't, 
I hope you'll Try It for Tuesday ;)

I can't wait to see what you all create for this fun challenge!
Be sure to upload all your new projects into the Paper Issues Friends & Fans group now through August 1st! 
Please tag Paper Issues on your social media posts too, 
as we really love seeing what you've created!

Need supplies from the Paper Issues store? 
Use my code: AMANDA & you'll save 20% off your total spend! Yay! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
til next time, 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment